Thursday, September 4, 2014

What brings me to SNHU? Journey to EDU-235

     Well the first things that really got me hooked to the school was its outstanding soccer program that I am very lucky to be apart of. It was a dream of mine to play college soccer.  But, other then the soccer program, the small campus feel that I got when I first stepped foot onto SNHU was extremely different then any other campus I looked at.  It seemed like everyone knew everyone and you weren't just a number in a crowd.  It was important to me to find a school that really had all that I was looking for and that I would feel wanted at the university.  So I looked into their School of Education program that they offered and it sounded like a great fit.  Teachers would know you by name, everyone is there to make sure you succeed, and we would be learning from teachers that have experienced everything first hand. Which they are able to bring into the classroom and share their experiences with us to prepare us for the Educational field.  
     So i graduated high school in the winter of 2013 and started at SNHU just two days later.  Sure it was a high step when I was just a little high school senior going to a college with no idea what I was getting myself into, but I knew it was time for a change.  Break out of the Windham, NH bobble that I was so comfortable in for all 19 year of my life.  
     So I started taking classes at SNHU and enjoyed the experiences I was getting in the education classes and knew that I picked the correct major. I started off by taking EDU 200 and it was one the best classes that I have ever taken.  It really got me involved with the schools in the area and it made for a great experience.  Next, semester i took more EDU classes and it was even better then the last. If the classes that i keep taking in this field keep getting better then I think I have chosen the correct path for myself.  
    So that brings me to EDU 235.  I am not the best when it comes to technology, but i at least have an understanding of what things are and it doesn't take me long to figure out how things work.  Coming from a high school where every student was given a lap top so we were all tech savy per say.  We even had the polyvision board in our classroom to advance our learning.  So coming from a high school like that i think that it will greatly help me for this class and the advancing technology that is happening in the school systems.  I'm very excited for this class and can't wait for it to get under way.      

No comments:

Post a Comment